Announcement

Hi! This is my old blog that is no longer updated. Please visit my new website www.fourthfloorhomestead.com for new content and most of the content from this blog as well.

This old blog will be left up so as not to mess up people who have linked to recipes through Pinterest, Favorites etc.

Pages

Monday, August 10, 2015

An Adventure in Drunken Cooking: The Vegan "Chicken" Wrap

It was early evening and the little one had fallen asleep early. This gave my husband and I a rare opportunity to spend time together alone. I am a light weight so after 2 drinks on the deck I was in the bag and I still had not made supper. Opps. Oh well, convenience food to the rescue. Here is a wrap recipe that is easy enough for a drunk me to make.

P.S. I don't recommend cooking drunk as you risk cutting yourself. Do unwise things at your own risk :)

What you need:

  • wraps
  • 3 vegan chicken strips per wrap
  • chopped up kale
  • Lima beans (optional but awesome. Any beans would work)
  • Vegan mayo
What to do: 

1. Cook up your vegan chicken strips in the frying pan because that is faster than the oven. 


2. Wash and chop kale. (tip: chop up too much kale and make a side salad  with a few veggies and nuts.)

3. Arrange the kale, chicken fingers and beans on the wrap as shown. 


4. Top with some vegan mayo, Veganaise with the green lid is the best in my opinion. Or making it from scratch from the Oh She Glows cookbook is good too. 


5. Fold the bottom of the wrap up than each side. Enjoy your easy meal.



No comments:

Post a Comment