Announcement

Hi! This is my old blog that is no longer updated. Please visit my new website www.fourthfloorhomestead.com for new content and most of the content from this blog as well.

This old blog will be left up so as not to mess up people who have linked to recipes through Pinterest, Favorites etc.

Pages

Monday, August 17, 2015

Vegan Criss Cross Nacho Fries

My husband and I used to eat at this place called Squirrel Tooth Alice's. That is where we were introduced to nachos made with criss cross fries instead of chips. They were fantastic but loaded with cheese and sour cream. I chased the dream of homemade criss cross fried for years so I could pull off this dish but I never found the right mandolin slicer and I since got rid of my deep fryer. Then I saw them in the freezer section at No Frills. This recipe feeds 2.5 people. The limiting factor is the fries so you could always buy 2 bags to feed more people.


What you need:

  • a bag of criss cross fries
  • daiya
  • salsa
  • chopped red pepper
  • optional: you could add a lot to this. Beans, green onions, jalapenos, olives, etc. 
What to do:

1. Cook fries in the oven according to the directions on the bag.

2. On a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper, put down a layer of fries in the size of the plate you will serve them on. Sprinkle on some salsa, daiya, pepper and anything else you can think of. Put down another layer of fries and sprinkle on toppings. Repeat until all the fries are used up.

3. Pop them back in the oven to melt the cheese.

4. When finished, remove from the oven and slide your serving plate between the the fries and the cookie sheet. Serve and enjoy :).

No comments:

Post a Comment